Sunday, November 25, 2007

Blogging Startup Step 2: Blog Titles and Keywords, Is There a Difference?

If you put up a business, you need a business name. The same goes when you put up your blog. You need to come up with the right blog title. Something people always looking for. What's the difference? In choosing a business name, you think of a unique name that people can remember, but in choosing a blog name, the name should be a set of common words that you can find in the dictionary (my opinion, you can take it or leave it). You need to use common words so that when people search for those words in the search engines, those words become your first set of keywords. How to choose the right words? I outline here a few guidelines in choosing:

  1. List down at least five common word or set of words that you think can best describe your blog, but not more than 10.
  2. From the list, try to determine for most commonly searched in the search engines to narrow down your options. How? There are so many utilities in the internet that you can use to know these. After this list, I will give you another list of sites where you can find most searched words.
  3. In the remaining items in the list, pick the one that has less competitions.
  4. Decide for the one that you think is more appropriate name for your blog. Another trick is two choose two and combine, just like what I did with this blog. I included the "Make Money" phrase because it has a mass appeal.
These are what I have learned so far. If you know a more advance method of choosing a blog name, please let me know. Write it in the comment area to share it with other newbies like me reading this post.

Utilities that you can use for keyword suggestions:If you know of other or even more sophisticated "keyword tools", please share it with me. It might be helpful to my journey.



Click here to subscribe and receive Blogging-Startup-Make-Money tips.

If you like this post in Blogging Startup Make Money,
buy me a coffee.

No comments: