Friday, December 7, 2007

Blogging Startup Step 4: Set Your Objectives

When I started blogging 6 months ago, I didn't really plan what to do with my blogs. As I told you, I have already had three of them and I never really had any idea on how to go about it especially on how to make some bucks from it. Slowly throughout the months that I've been doing it, I learned a few details on how to improve my new endeavor. I improved my layout, read few tips and tricks on how to post, and discovered that blogging can be a business to me. So, I told my self that I would go for it and discover and learn even farther, plan for it and eventually, I wanted it to be my business. So I set my objectives. But before I state my objectives to you, here's a SMART tips on how to set objectives. This is very useful in any kind of endeavor.


SMART Way of Setting Objectives

Specific - state exactly and clearly what is to be achieved.

Measurable - set specific description, amount or anything that would determine that the objectives are achieved.

Achievable - it should be realistic enough, given the circumstances in which it is set and the resources available.

Relevant - objectives should be relevant to the people responsible for achieving them

Time Bound - objectives should be set with a time-frame in mind. These deadlines also need to be realistic.

So here are my objectives:

S- I will put up a blog about how I've started my blogging and the learning experiences that I would make while doing it and will try to make money out of it. The blog would become a user's manual of new bloggers in the future. Therefore every single step will be reported and posted in this blog.

M- Since I am doing it along the side with my IT consultancy job, I am planning to earn extra from it of around $200-$500 per month.

A- I think I can achieve that since I already have an internet connection at home (I just got it two months ago) wherein I can do all my posting and research about blog stuffs like internet marketing and search engine optimization, link building. I have two computers. One desktop and a laptop that I can carry around to blog everywhere. I will join the SEO organization in my area.

R- It is relevant to what I want to achieve. Relevancy is important in blogging. You should be passionate about your topic. You know something about the topic and if you have limited knowledge about it, you are at least willing to give in extra effort to research and learn about it.

T-I started 16 days ago and my realistic target date is after 6 to 9 months before I can achieve the monthly income that I have been planning for.



So that's it. How about you? Can you state to me your objectives? Put it in the comment.



Click here to subscribe and receive Blogging-Startup-Make-Money tips.

If you like this post in Blogging Startup Make Money,
buy me a coffee.

No comments: