Friday, December 14, 2007

SEO Optimization 1: Keywords, Meta Tags and Other SEO Tips

I have just finished putting the keyword and description meta tags to this blog. There’s a little technical stuff that you need to work on when doing so; but it can be carefully done by anyone. Keywords and description meta tags are used by the search engines upon crawling in the site pages. I discovered this tips in my local SEO forum group. Here are the basic SEO tips aside from meta tags that I read in there:

  • Put the most important keyword that you are aiming for in the domain name of your blog. Domain name is the one that you write in the address field in browser when you want to go to a certain site. A good example is this blog. My domain name is http://blogging-startup-make-money.blogspot.com. I stated the whole name of my site, separated each word with a dash. My two main keywords are “blogging startup” and “make money”. The first one doesn’t have so much popularity as there are only few people across the globe looking for it. The second one has a good popularity but with a lot of competitions. Well, in any business there are competitors, so we will try to deal with them later on with a good business marketing plan.
  • Put your important keyword in the the <title> tag. It is automatic when you put your keyword in your blog name. It is actually a bad idea not to put the keyword in your blog name, so if you’re just starting, you can still rename your blog name appropriately.
  • Put your important keyword in the <h1> heading. Admittedly, this would make my blog look weird. Imagine, I have the keyword in the blog name, then in the <h1> tag which are the title of my post and then I have to put it in all my post title to make it appear in the <h1> tag; it looks redundant, isn’t it? Luckily, I found an idea to make it look ordinary. In my introductory phrase before the post, I restate the blog name, which has my keywords, I enclosed it with an <h1> tags and reduced the size to make look like an ordinary string of characters and not a large <h1> title.
  • I included the keyword in the first paragraph of the page. That would be the third tip. Notice in my introductory phrase before the posts area, I invited the readers to subsribe to my blog and rephrase the blog name. That should do the trick. 
  • Put the blog name again with the keywords in the footer of your page. Scroll down and you’ll see “BLOGGING STARTUP MAKE MONEY” at the bottom.
  • The next tip, in which I’m still trying to figure out how to do it in here, is to put the keyword in the ALT attribute in the images. I used the picture widget of Blogger.com, so I have no access to the html code of it. I will try to use the “html” widget next time but still thinking where to store my images. Any idea?
  • For this blog, I would put the following keyword and description meta tag:
<meta name='description' content=’ This blog chronicles about my journey as a blog beginner. Before, I’ve already started 3 blogs with an intention to test if I can handle the technical stuff. This blog would be the start of new one and eventually, this will become a beginners’ guide for blogging and on how to make money out of it.’ />

<meta name='keywords' content=’make money,make money online,blogging,what is blogging,make money blogging’ />
  • How to put it? Login to Blogger.com. Go to Layout, then Edit HTML. Insert the two tags after the <title> tags. Then click Save Template.



Click here to subscribe and receive Blogging-Startup-Make-Money tips.

If you like this post in Blogging Startup Make Money,
buy me a coffee.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Search engine optimization (SEO), a division of search engine marketing (SEM), is a technique of bringing about an increase in traffic on your website. We use the concept of SEO to optimize any site, thereby bringing traffic to your site and also increasing its SERP.
-------------------
lauran
SEO

Unknown said...

Wide Circles is highly efficient Social Media Marketing (SMM) platform, that utilizes various social network mediums and at the same time avoids issues tied to pay per click fraud.This site is very nice and helpful.
-----------------
lauran
kansas drug rehab

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and methods for making $1,000s per day ONLINE totally FREE.
JOIN NOW